Search This Blog

Aug 9, 2010

Taking Chances

This past Saturday, my husband and I did a little late hour siesta on the beach in Ocean City, MD. The ocean was wild, the surf was amazing and after an hour of listening the sound of the ocean and the seagulls and breathing in the aroma of the salty water, I got up to do some beach photography. It was around 7:00 in the evening yet the sky looked so dull, no signs of sunset colors (disadvantages of the East Coast) but at least the surf was awesome so I walked as close as to the shoreline and started capturing the ocean. Then, I took a chance and got even closer. I was having a blast until I got a nice splash that wet me head to toe as well as my camera. I was able to quickly hold the camera up high so it would not get too wet but even so, got some salty water on it. We immediately towel dried it and it is functioning fine so far. If you do not take chances and play it safe, you settle for ordinary, dullness sets in; if you do take chances then you risk getting hurt or being damaged but you may also be up for greatness, extraordinary experiences. I took a chance and got some good stuff as well as some wet stuff :) LOL :) But in the end it is all good. As you may guess, the very last photo reflects the big splash!!












No comments:

Post a Comment